Tuesday, August 25, 2015

Becoming His: Power of Prayer

Ere you left your room this morning.. Did you think to pray?

Last night I read this quote on prayer..


How true is that?! What a good reminder! Too often in life I forget to pray! 

This weeks challenge really focused on saying frequent prayers but it also touched on how we pray. 

Have you ever had a really good conversation with a friend, a significant other, a parent, a sibling, a child, even a stranger? A conversation where you really opened up to that person and they really opened up to you. A conversation that when you walked away you felt a sweet and powerful connection. 

I was sitting in church Sunday and as the sacrament was being passed I had the most powerful thought. It was so powerful that I had to write it down. How often do I hide my thoughts from God? 

Now that sounds ridiculous doesn't it? I mean can we truly ever hide our thoughts from God? He knows us. He knows our thoughts and our challenges and joys and trials and bad habits, He even knows our choices. Perhaps even before WE know our choices. So why then do we feel like we can hide our thoughts from Him? 

Lately my prayers have become a little mundane.  It seems that when things get rough or when I'm battling trials my thoughts become less-than positive. So in turn I don't mention them to my Father in Heaven or I brush over them so quickly without diving into too much detail. In my head I think, "Does God really want to hear my sob story? Does He really want to hear my struggles from the day? I don't want to bother Him with my problems." This is exactly what Satan deceives us to believe. The answer is YES! God wants to hear from you. Why hide from Him what He already knows? Take your problems to Him. Give Him your frustrations. Tell Him what hurts you, what bothers you, what has been on your mind all day long. He wants to hear them. He will never get tired of listening to you. In order to have an intimate relationship with your Father in Heaven, you MUST be open and honest with Him! Ask God, not Google.

He is there. He loves you! And if you ever need to feel closer to Him, you must first hit your knees.

"Pray, He is there.
Speak, He is listening.
You are His child,
His love now surrounds you."


No comments:

Post a Comment