Sunday, November 17, 2013

Week 8: Become Willing To Consider Your Ways

In order to truly become willing we must be able to consider our ways. To consider our sins and bad habits and addictions.. 

There is a lady in my ward who I just love. She is so sweet and kind and a great missionary and a great example, but like us all she had a fault... she was addicted to nicotine. She stood up one day and told us that she had seriously thought about it and realized that because of her addiction was holding her family back. She wanted so badly to be sealed with her husband and her 2 kids in the temple, but her addiction was holding them all back. She stood in front of us all and humbled herself as she confided in us her deep dark secret. I'm sure she had to feel low and awful, but she asked us all to pray for her.... now here we are several months later and this lady has been nicotine free and went through the temple and is soon to be sealed to her family. 

What a great example she is to be truly willing. How can we truly become willing when we hold on to things that are holding us back? We HAVE to let go of these things.. In order to move forward we have to let go..
We have to consider our ways.. 

It might not be sins or addictions holding us back either. Perhaps it is our emotions or fears... 

One time I was struggling. I felt incredibly alone. I just wanted someone to love me. I knew my family and friends did but I wanted a lover. Someone to take me on dates and confide my secrets in. Someone to hold my hand and wipe away the tears. I was a good girl, I went to church and believed in every word, but no one came along. One particular night I was struggling, up in my room I was crying and angry. Why hadn't Heavenly Father answered my prayers? My mom came up and asked me a simple question. "Are you doing everything you can?" I was a good kid. I was doing good things but I was not doing everything. I decided that night to pick up my scriptures and read. After three nights of continuous scripture study my answer came in the heart of a blonde hair blue eyed boy. There's not a doubt in my mind that this is the man I am supposed to marry. I'd known him for years but it wasn't until I lost myself in Christ that I found him. How can we expect Him to do all these things for us when we can't do all the things he asks of us? 

Lose yourself in Him and you will find yourself there too. 


No comments:

Post a Comment