Friday, November 1, 2013

Week 6: "Upon These I Write The Things Of My Soul"

This weeks post is a little belated due to my 19th BIRTHDAY!!!! But anyways... 

This weeks challenge was to act. I have had a really hard time connecting with these last couple of chapters but here's a few things I learned. 

She brings up one of the biggest hero's in the Book of Mormon... When Nephi first started writing he wrote "upon these I write the things of my soul.." Like we preserve the precious memories we make with loved ones in scrapbooks and pictures or keepsakes, we must also preserve the divine memories we make with our Heavenly Father. Although we may not have physical memories with our Heavenly Father we do share very deep and personal spiritual memories with Him. "Sometimes these moments come from reading our scriptures; other times they come during humble, heartfelt prayer. The Lord's spirit can be felt in the tearstained hours of trial and in the most tender moments of service. His spirit can sustain us through the deepest heartache and strengthen us to face our unmasked fears. The undeniable warmth that settles in our heart signifies His answer, accompanies His peace, and confirms His witness. These things of the Lord, these are the things we must remember." 
It is important for us to write down those divine spiritual guidances we receive from our Father in Heaven. This past General Conference I decided to make a conference notebook. With each talk we listened to I wrote down the things that really touched my soul. Although I have not referred back to that notebook yet I carry it in my purse... so that in times of need or a rainy day I can have that strong spiritual guidance with me. We should carry a spiritual journal with us. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment