Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Month 2: The Name Written Always In Your Heart

Month 2: Becoming Willing

This weeks objective was to consider "The name written always in your heart."

The most important things we do in this life will be done in the name of Jesus Christ. After birth I was blessed in the name of Jesus Christ, at 8 I was baptized in the name of Jesus Christ, here in a couple years I will be sealed for time and all eternity to the love of my life in the name of Jesus Christ, I've said and will say many late night pleading prayers in the name of Jesus Christ, I've had the most special priesthood blessings in the name of Jesus Christ, I have taken countless sacraments in the name of Jesus Christ, I have repented and been forgiven because of the atonement of Jesus Christ, my children will experience these things in the name of Jesus Christ, I have acted in the name of Jesus Christ.... There are many things we do in His great and glorious name, but is His name written upon our hearts?

This chapter asked ways we can write His name in our hearts, but as I thought about it, it's not really us who does the writing. WE have to pick a tool and allow HIM to write it.

First we must open our hearts so that He can enter in, but we must also decide how He writes it. So have you let Him write His name upon your heart? If so, is it written in pencil? Can I be worn down and erased under pressure? Is it in washable marker? Is it in sharpie that slowly fades as time goes on? Or is it engraved and there to stay forever?

As much as I wish He engraved it in my heart I will be honest and say that it is probably more like sharpie. Although it is fairly permanent it sometimes fades in one spot or another. I touch it up every once in a while, but I wish it was permanent and there forever. That after all is the goal!

This next week I want to write His name not only on my heart but on my hand. I'm going to take a marker and write it on my hand every morning, then every time I look at my hand I will see His name. I'm hoping that it will make me think of Him often and help me through out the day, as well as making a more permanent mark on my heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment