Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Week 2: Waters of Mormon

This weeks challenge was to act upon this..... It asked to look back and remember a time when you have had a "Waters of Mormon" experience. Well what is a Waters of Mormon experience? It gave this chapter to study, Mosiah 18.

The Waters of Mormon was a very special place. I'm sure it was incredibly beautiful with lots of trees and flowers. It had to be the most gorgeous place. But it was so much more beautiful to the people that experienced what they did there. Alma preached unto the people there about the gospel... (kinda like a mission :) ) after preaching the blessings of the gospel and of the true repentance and forgiveness that can be felt through this gospel many people wanted to be baptized.... over 200!!! But unfortunately the practicing of religions was illegal according to the King. But can anyone really ever go against God? He can move mountains... surely He can give these people the promise of baptism. So Alma was instructed to take the people down into the beautiful forest, and in the forest was a beautiful body of water.. (river if I remember right?) and in this river was the most pure water, and one by one Alma took the people and baptized them. Giving them peace and atonement and the gift of the Holy Ghost.

So how can we have a "Waters of Mormon" experience? In my opinion a Water of Mormon experience in our lives today would be any situation where we see God's hand in our lives. Anytime we can find Him in our lives or feel His presence with us is a Waters of Mormon experience. So when have I felt this?

A sure time this week where I can look back and say I had a WoM experience is when I was really struggling this week with Logan being gone. I was just really missing him and devastated I hadn't heard from him. Then I really started to question. What if he's changed? What if he doesn't feel the same? What if he doesn't want to be with me while he's on his mission? What if I'm just a big distraction to him? I just really needed to hear from Logan. Well Sunday night when I was struggling I got down on my knees.... Heavenly Father please let me hear from Logan..... I went to bed that night and woke up to a phone call only 5 hours later. "Makalyn there's a letter here for you!!!" I was so ecstatic!!! I have never sprang out of bed so fast!!! In the letter Logan said everything I need to hear.... He loves me even more than when he left and I him. I know that God loves us and wants us to be happy. I know that He knows what we need long before we can kneel down and ask. I know He wants the best for me and most importantly that He hears and answers prayers. I am so thankful for the Waters of Mormon experience I have had in my life and the people I have been blessed enough to experience them with. I know that my Elder Elison is not only experiencing Waters of Mormon experiences.... but he is literally (like Alma) giving these experiences to those he meets and teaches and hopefully baptizes. I am so thankful for his great example in my life and for Heavenly Fathers comforting hand in my life! <3 :)

No comments:

Post a Comment